What is the PlayMobile?
The PlayMobile is a portable storage unit filled with miscellaneous scrap, various loose parts, and traditional playground equipment that encourages physical activity, creativity, and learning through play. The PlayMobile’s loose parts can transform any space into a rich play environment that includes several unique play settings and encourages various types of play. Children of all ages need opportunities for play!
The PlayMobile project started in 2011 through funding from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation. Through the Active Play Alliance has been piloted in parks, nature areas, childcare centers and schools in 10 counties of central North Carolina (Moore, Richmond, Chatham, Lee, Hoke, Montgomery, Randolph, Harnett, Cumberland, and Scotland). Today, the PlayMobile travels throughout North Carolina providing playful opportunities to children and families of all ages.
Why the PlayMobile?
- Achieve greater physical activity during outdoor play
- Enhance and diversify play opportunities outdoors
- Engage more children in play during outdoor time
- Increase the number of children and families exposed to playing with loose parts/scrap
How to Get the PlayMobile in Your Area:
- Complete the registration form.
- If approved, complete payment requirements.
- Complete webinar: PlayMobile Introduction (1)
- Complete webinar: PlayMobile Training (2)
|Date and Time||Cost||Location||Registration Deadline|