The Be Active Kids program is disseminated through a train-the-trainer system. Be Active Kids staff provide a 4-hour training session for volunteers on how to effectively teach and implement the Be Active Kids curriculum. Volunteer Trainers include child care health consultants, local Smart Start partnership staff, local Child Care Resource and Referral staff, Head Start staff, More at Four staff, Cooperative Extension offices and community college instructors in North Carolina. These trainers agree to go out in their local counties and train child care providers on Be Active Kids. Lunch is provided for the trainers who participate and non-exempt trainers are eligible to receive up to 4 CHC's for participating. Be Active Kids is working to offer CEU's for participating in in-person and online trainings.
If you work with and/or are responsible for training child care providers or public school teachers (pre-K or K) and would like to find out more information about becoming a Be Active Kids Trainer you can do the following:
- Complete the Trainer Interest Questionnaire and someone from Be Active Kids will contact you.
- Visit the Train-the-Trainer Sessions page and register for a training near you.
- Contact Be Active Kids, 919-287-7012 or email@example.com.
If you are a child care provider or public school teacher and would like more information on how to participate in a Be Active Kids training or receive support, visit the Be Active at Child Care/School page.
If you are a current and active trainer, you can access the latest Be Active Kids online through our private trainers updates page. If you have not received that information or are not an active trainer and would like to become recertified, please contract us at 919-287-7012.
Trainer updates provided to active trainers include the following:
- New training content (presentation, handouts, activities, etc)
- New data collection and continual follow-up practices
- Supplimentation training presentations
- New TA resources
- Revised kit dissemination policy
New NCFELD Alignment Appendix