Blue's Blog August 2020
August 1, 2020 - pdf version
Can you believe everyone is already talking about going back to school? Well, they are also talking about how this school year is going to be different than any other because of the Coronavirus pandemic continuing. Since so many people are still getting sick, things will continue to be different; wearing masks, doing virtual school, not playing sports, not getting to see family or friends. We are all being asked to continue take precautions to help “slow the spread” of the virus and keep everyone healthy.
Here are a few tips that will help everyone to stay healthy, happy, and active as we start the school year in a pandemic:
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and warm water.
- Wear a mask when in public places.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks.
- Create a work space for your school time routines.
- Limit the amount of news or media that you see.
- Limit the amount of non-school related screen time.
- Get outside often and for extended periods of time.
- Video conference with teachers, friends and family members.
- Get on a good sleep schedule where you are getting plenty of sleep.
- Create new home routines to that are flexible to adapt to virtual school and your parents’ work schedules.
- Include time for “specials” during your virtual school day; physical education, art, music and media.
- Take time to relax and unwind through meditation, stretching, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, and more.
No one knows when this pandemic will be over, but we all know that if will be a lot easier on everyone if we follow the rules the experts have encouraged us to follow; wash, wait and wear. We are encouraged to wash our hands often, encouraged to wait or stand 6 feet apart (social distancing), and to wear a mask. Following these three rules will help you and those around to avoid the Coronavirus.
- Blue the Caring Cub
|Date and Time||Cost||Location||Registration Deadline|