1. Don't melt when it rains! Look for indoor opportunities for physical activity on days that the weather doesn't permit outdoor play. Dance to the children's favorite music.
2. Make the most of your inside space! Move furniture like tables and chairs to maximize the area that is available for physical activity.
3. Provide materials and tools that help your imagination soar: have an indoor snowball fight with clean socks, make a pillow fort and knock down when you are done playing with, or make a pillow pile to jump into.
1. It is OK to get dirty! Playing in the dirt and digging for treasures may be messy, but it helps children to move, haul, and explore the world around them.
2. There is no bad weather, just bad clothing! If you know it is cold wear a coat, if you know it is raining wear rain boots, etc. As long as you are prepared for whatever is going on out there, you can enjoy being active outside
3. Use the great outdoors as your gym? Allow children to explore the great outdoors; turn over rocks, climb trees, dig in the dirt, run in the sand, etc.
Have fun in every season and in all elements! Rake the leaves together and jump into the piles. Splash in puddles and play shadow tag(try to step on each other's shadow before it moves!)