Be one of the five US early childhood setting to participate in the Voices of Children International Gallery!
Project Launches on November 19, 2021 and outcomes announced April 2022.
- The Voices of Children International Project draws upon artworks, photographic images and written responses contributed by children from many different countries.
- Children aged 3-6 years are invited to submit their artworks which describe their place in the world, including a brief written or recorded message.
- Children can and should influence the world around them. Through art children are empowered to share what is special about their lives, producing and creating individual and unique responses to share with other children across the world.
- The global pandemic impacting the world today has provided an impetus for children to become more globally aware, the need to care and have empathy for others and sustained time to better understand themselves and others. The Voices of Children project will clearly fulfill these aims.
- Parents and educators play a significant role in assuring a child’s positive identity.
- Educators, parents and children work together to create special artworks, which reflect the culture, or world in which they live. Harnessing the power of the Web children are able to share, explore other cultures and communicate visually to become a special community of “Voices of Children” participants.
Participating Early Childhood Settings will receive the following:
- The L.A.U.G.H. App to download for free, for children to create their own Art Gallery
- Instructional video for educators
- The “Step by step process” on how to select the “3 best works & messages from children” to be displayed on the 1st Voices of Children International online Gallery
- Instructional video for parents: To inform them about the project and to support their children at home
- Access to the Voices of Children online Hub & community to upload children’s selected artworks & messages
- Instructional Video with The Step by Step process to host the 1st Voices of Children exhibition "Curating, planning, and exhibiting children’s artwork"
- Participating Schools: Will be acknowledged as Project Champions at a country level and internationally
- Participating Educators: Will be acknowledged as Project Leaders at a country level and internationally and will receive their 1st Voices of Children Certificate of Recognition with (10) credits for CPD
- Participating Children: Will receive their 1st Voices of Children Certificate of Achievement and will create their 1st Arts Gallery
For more information about the project visit the webpage.
To participate in the project complete the short application form. * In the Special Notes section mention Be Active Kids!